Tips on Enjoying Your Trip
- The Landing River Store is a great place to pick up any last second items for the river.
- If you do not want to float a long distance, but would like to stay out on the river, take the shorter mileage trip and stop at an inviting spot or two along the way to eat, sunbathe or just relax.
- Stay hydrated by using our cooler tube to float your cooler. Drinking cold beverages on your float are just an arms length away.
- Families with small children will want to take a raft float, definitely the safest way to float Current River.
- Our self bailing, one man, inflatable kayaks might be the most comfortable way to explore Current River.
- Large Group? No problem. We are ready for you. Signing up is convenient and easy in our River Store booth.
- Most float trips begin upriver, and you conveniently float back to your vehicle at The Landing. No second shuttle needed or scheduled take out time.
- Wear sunscreen. Even on an overcast day, the Current River sun can burn you.
- We offer a variety of tubes. Handles, cup holders, mesh covered, or the traditional tubes are available to you on your float trip.
- Don’t worry about losing your keys on the river. We offer a free key check at all 4 Landing float operations.
- After enjoying a day on Current River, our Blue Heron Restaurant opens at 5pm for cool drinks and hot food.
- Undecided about what to float on? You’re covered. Large or small groups can float on rafts, tubes, canoes, or kayaks and still float together.
- Did you know? The Rosecliff Lodge at The Landing is the only riverfront hotel on Current River.
- Hotel reservations for summer weekends book up very quickly. Make your plans early and reserve you room in advance.
- Our restaurant has riverfront seating indoors and outdoors, a full service bar and the best steak around.
- If you want to avoid the crowds, plan to come through the week and enjoy up to 20% off your lodging.